UPDATE: Teak & Co. have moved to #08-10 (16 April 2021), ACRA addresses has also been changed.
Scammed of $5K at Tan Boon Liat Building #14-06.
Let’s talk about scams. I got scammed of $5K at Tan Boon Liat Builiding, a furniture shop called SOS, now called Collective Living and also known as Prestige Modern Space Living. They are located at 315 Outram Road, #14-06 Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074.
The next fishy part, the above company names do not exist. The payments and all are to their parent company P+ Capital Pte Ltd at 190 Middle Road #19-105 Fortune Centre Singapore 188979. The address is a virtual office and they do not handle P+ Capital Pte Ltd.
We went furniture shopping for our new house in March and being the excited couple we were, shopping for our first house. Overpaid for our deposit and the furniture shop refused to refund us the overcharged amount. Having lost confidence, we requested for cancellation and refund same day. 8 months down the road, the overcharged amount and the refund money has not been refunded and when we visited the shop today, they push everything to their office.
- They misrepresented themselves of another brand of furniture, saying that they are the manufacturer for that brand.
- Overcharged us for deposit (charged us $5000 instead of $1820)
- Asked us to fill up refund form and became uncontactable
- We submitted for mediation via CASE, but no response
- Submitted to Small Claims Tribunal (SCT) and received a ORDER OF TRIBUNAL
(1) The Respondent(s) do pay the Claimant(s) the sum of $5,000.00 plues $15.50 as disbursements [TOTAL: $5,015.50] by 10 December 2020, failing which the Claimant(s) may enforce the Order accordingly. Date: 11 November 2020
- The company has no office telephone number, actually they do not have an office.
- The mobile number given Ben 92715597 has blocked our number and unable to call them. The other lady at the shop we are also unable to speak to 98737277. Everytime we go by, they just say they cannot help and to ask the office.
For purpose of authenticity:
Police Report Number: L/20200331/2033 31/03/2020 12:03
Small Claims Tribunal Claim No.: SCT/16041/2020
Small Claims Tribunal Order No.: SCT/ORD/35258/2020
Short sequence of events
-We were looking for teak, and they misrepresented themselves saying that they are the manufacturer for a few known brands such as Soul & Tables, brandishing a version of Soul & Tables catalogue with detailed explanation.
-They did not take detailed notes of our customized furniture dimensions and requirements. No sign-off on the dimensions
-Than next came the overcharge and the pushing of responsibility to the office to contact us. But the office does not exist.
If anyone is able to advice us how to get further help, please let me know.
Updates 10 Jan 2021:
The company’s backend name is changed to Teak & Co. starting Nov’2020, shared with me by someone. And the new Director name is LOU MEI.
The current director LOU ZOU YEE has 20 other companies where she is listed, looks like they change company names very often.
I have also included a few document for reference as I have found that there are other victims.
#TanBoonLiat #FurnitureScamsSG #ScamSingapore #Fraud #Singapore #Furnitureshopping #FurnitureScams #SmallClaimsTribunal #P+Capital #tanboonliatbuilding #tanboonliatbuildingfraud #Tanboonliatlifestyle #furnituresingapore #smallclaimstribunals #smallclaimstribunals_sg #smallclaimstribunalssingapore #smallclaimstribunals_singapore #case_sg #case #case_singapore